Order NEW 2nd edition of ‘Field Guide To Covering Sports’
In the new Second Edition, readers also explore sports reporting across multimedia platforms, developing a foundational understanding for social media, mobile media, visual storytelling, writing for TV and radio, and applying sabermetrics. Fully revised with new examples and updated information to give readers confidence in covering just about any game, match, meet, race, regatta or tournament, Field Guide to Covering Sports, Second Edition is the ideal go-to resource to have on hand when mastering the beat.
Sports & Media Podcast
CMI College Sports Media Conference
Click on the image above to register and to learn more about the workshop.
Order ‘Monster Trek: The Obsessive Search for Bigfoot’
- Joe Gisondi brings to life the celebrities in bigfoot culture: people such as Matt Moneymaker, Jeff Meldrum, and Cliff Barackman, who explore remote wooded areas of the country for weeks at a time and spend thousands of dollars on infrared imagers, cameras, and high-end camping equipment. Pursuing the answer to why these seekers of bigfoot do what they do, Gisondi brings to the reader their most interesting—and in many cases, harrowing—expeditions.
Top Posts & Pages
- Writing is not a mystery, even if you binge-watch 'Bosch'
- Tips for covering track & field meets
- Breaking down game elements to create a compelling recap
- AP sports style exercises
- Tips for baseball, softball coverage
- AP sports style quizzes should test more than usage
- What questions do sports journalism students want answered?
- Advice from veteran sports writer Tommy Deas
- 'Morning Joe' interview with Congressman can be a lesson for sports journalists as well
- College Media college sports media Covering Games General Interviewing Multimedia News Sports Analytics Sports Columns Sports Features Sports Language Sports Media 101 Sports Media Education Sports Media Ethics Sports Media Podcast Sportswriting Sportswriting: Leads Teaching sports journalism Training & Education Uncategorized
- 32,887 hits
Category Archives: college sports media
During the rest of the school year, I will assess (at least weekly) college sports journalism coverage across the country. The Crimson White’s Elliott Propes offers a terrific profile on Alabama’s top-ranked golfer, Robby Shelton. He begins with a scene on … Continue reading
The Arizona Daily Wildcat offered the most comprehensive coverage among schools whose teams played in the opening round of the NCAA basketball tournament on Thursday. The Wildcat posted a game story, a column and a notes package while most schools offered … Continue reading
I’m looking to learn more about skills, approaches and habits among students who are honing their sports journalism skills at college media. I plan to share these results sometime in this summer. Please, send me an email [email@example.com] to participate. Thanks for … Continue reading