There are only a few days left, but this is a terrific opportunity to earn some cash for college – and all for doing what you love best, right? Check out the details below and send in your clips . I suspect they’ll accept some unofficial transcripts until an official one can be mailed.
Here are the details:
The Associated Press Sports Editors are sponsoring four $1,500 scholarships for collegiate sports journalists.
APSE, a national organization of sports editors, is awarding four scholarships to help motivate talented students to pursue a career in sports journalism. Collegiate sports journalists entering their sophomore, junior or senior years are eligible for the scholarship which will awarded based on the students’ journalistic work, their academic record, financial need, and geography. The winners will be chosen by the APSE scholarship committee, which is chaired by Joe Sullivan, sports editor of the Boston Globe and includes editors from all sections of the United States. Deadline is June 1.
Please have them include the following information in their letter of application:
- Personal: Name, address, age, phone number.
- Academic: A copy of the student’s collegiate grades.
- Financial: A brief rundown of the student’s financial situation, with regards to how he/she plans to pay for tuition.
- Five examples of sports journalism (usually stories but could also be sections the student has edited), using either links or PDFs.
- Email information to Joe Sullivan, sports editor of the Boston Globe at Jtsullivan@globe.com with APSE Scholarship in subject line.
If you need to use standard mail for academic information, send to this address:
c/o Joe Sullivan, Sports Editor
135 Morrissey Blvd.
Boston, MA 02205-2845