The second College Media Training Camp, presented by the College Media Association, is scheduled for Feb. 6-7 in Nashville. Last year, the conference featured professional sports journalists from ESPN, CNN, MLB.com, Sports Illustrated, New York Times, Athlon and several other media outlets. This year’s session will have an equally impressive lineup, and the sessions will be held at a new, exciting location in town. You’ll be able to get further details here and at CMA’s website by early December.
Order NEW 2nd edition of the ‘Field Guide To Covering Sports’
In the new Second Edition, readers also explore sports reporting across multimedia platforms, developing a foundational understanding for social media, mobile media, visual storytelling, writing for TV and radio, and applying sabermetrics. Fully revised with new examples and updated information to give readers confidence in covering just about any game, match, meet, race, regatta or tournament, Field Guide to Covering Sports, Second Edition is the ideal go-to resource to have on hand when mastering the beat.
Sports & Media Podcast
Top Posts & Pages
- Tips for covering track & field meets
- Insights from an LSU beat writer
- Start planning for 2018 sports media conference for college students
- A primer on how to use databases to investigate Title IX compliance on your own campus
- AP sports style quizzes should test more than usage
- Correcting mistakes made by inexperienced sports writing students
- Bring your 'A-Game:' Avoid using cliches in sports writing
- Some quick reminders about writing news, sports stories
- Sports leads should offer context, introduce storylines
- Advice from veteran sports writer Tommy Deas
Order ‘Monster Trek: The Obsessive Search for Bigfoot’
- Joe Gisondi brings to life the celebrities in bigfoot culture: people such as Matt Moneymaker, Jeff Meldrum, and Cliff Barackman, who explore remote wooded areas of the country for weeks at a time and spend thousands of dollars on infrared imagers, cameras, and high-end camping equipment. Pursuing the answer to why these seekers of bigfoot do what they do, Gisondi brings to the reader their most interesting—and in many cases, harrowing—expeditions.
CMI College Sports Media Conference
- College athletics access College Media college sports media Covering Games General Interviewing Multimedia News Sports Analytics Sports Features Sports Language Sports Media 101 Sports Media Education Sports Media Ethics Sports Media Podcast Sportswriting Sportswriting: Leads Teaching sports journalism Training & Education Uncategorized
- 20,910 hits