The second College Media Training Camp, presented by the College Media Association, is scheduled for Feb. 6-7 in Nashville. Last year, the conference featured professional sports journalists from ESPN, CNN, MLB.com, Sports Illustrated, New York Times, Athlon and several other media outlets. This year’s session will have an equally impressive lineup, and the sessions will be held at a new, exciting location in town. You’ll be able to get further details here and at CMA’s website by early December.
Order NEW 2nd edition of ‘Field Guide To Covering Sports’
In the new Second Edition, readers also explore sports reporting across multimedia platforms, developing a foundational understanding for social media, mobile media, visual storytelling, writing for TV and radio, and applying sabermetrics. Fully revised with new examples and updated information to give readers confidence in covering just about any game, match, meet, race, regatta or tournament, Field Guide to Covering Sports, Second Edition is the ideal go-to resource to have on hand when mastering the beat.
Sports & Media Podcast
CMI College Sports Media Conference
Click on the image above to register and to learn more about the workshop.
Order ‘Monster Trek: The Obsessive Search for Bigfoot’
- Joe Gisondi brings to life the celebrities in bigfoot culture: people such as Matt Moneymaker, Jeff Meldrum, and Cliff Barackman, who explore remote wooded areas of the country for weeks at a time and spend thousands of dollars on infrared imagers, cameras, and high-end camping equipment. Pursuing the answer to why these seekers of bigfoot do what they do, Gisondi brings to the reader their most interesting—and in many cases, harrowing—expeditions.
Top Posts & Pages
- Tips for covering track & field meets
- About me
- SIDs are not the enemy of sports journalists
- Miami Herald offers an excellent multimedia game package
- Here's my sports journalism syllabus for the spring semester
- Bring your 'A-Game:' Avoid using cliches in sports writing
- Start planning for 2018 sports media conference for college students
- Quick Takes: Avoid cliches like the (zombie) plague
- Correcting mistakes made by inexperienced sports writing students
- College Media college sports media Covering Games General Interviewing Multimedia News Sports Analytics Sports Columns Sports Features Sports Language Sports Media 101 Sports Media Education Sports Media Ethics Sports Media Podcast Sportswriting Sportswriting: Leads Teaching sports journalism Training & Education Uncategorized
- 28,796 hits