Order NEW 2nd edition of ‘Field Guide To Covering Sports’
In the new Second Edition, readers also explore sports reporting across multimedia platforms, developing a foundational understanding for social media, mobile media, visual storytelling, writing for TV and radio, and applying sabermetrics. Fully revised with new examples and updated information to give readers confidence in covering just about any game, match, meet, race, regatta or tournament, Field Guide to Covering Sports, Second Edition is the ideal go-to resource to have on hand when mastering the beat.
Sports & Media Podcast
CMI College Sports Media Conference
Click on the image above to register and to learn more about the workshop.
Order ‘Monster Trek: The Obsessive Search for Bigfoot’
- Joe Gisondi brings to life the celebrities in bigfoot culture: people such as Matt Moneymaker, Jeff Meldrum, and Cliff Barackman, who explore remote wooded areas of the country for weeks at a time and spend thousands of dollars on infrared imagers, cameras, and high-end camping equipment. Pursuing the answer to why these seekers of bigfoot do what they do, Gisondi brings to the reader their most interesting—and in many cases, harrowing—expeditions.
Top Posts & Pages
- What questions do sports journalism students want answered?
- Breaking down game elements to create a compelling recap
- Here's my sports journalism syllabus for the spring semester
- Tips for covering track & field meets
- Bring your 'A-Game:' Avoid using cliches in sports writing
- Advice from veteran sports writer Tommy Deas
- Take chances, vary approaches when writing sports columns
- College Media college sports media Covering Games General Interviewing Multimedia News Sports Analytics Sports Columns Sports Features Sports Language Sports Media 101 Sports Media Education Sports Media Ethics Sports Media Podcast Sportswriting Sportswriting: Leads Teaching sports journalism Training & Education Uncategorized
- 34,429 hits
Tag Archives: Sports Media Podcast
LISTEN: Claire Smith becomes the first woman voted into the writers wing of baseball’s hall of fame, the sad death of a former Yankees pitcher, and more
In this week’s podcast, Jeff Owens and I address the historical implications of Claire Smith being the first woman, and fourth African-American, voted into the writers’ wing of the Baseball Hall of Fame as the recipient of the J.G. Taylor Spink Award, … Continue reading
LISTEN: Are broadcasts of live sports headed to a Pay Per View model? The Big Lead continues to act as if sportswriters’ political beliefs matter. And we’re split on the recent episode of ‘The Walking Dead.’
On this week’s podcast: Are sports channels, like ESPN, NFL Network and Fox Sports, eventually going to break off from cable packages, as suggested by a media writer on the “Dan Patrick Show”? Will fans start to purchase streams of … Continue reading