Order NEW 2nd edition of the ‘Field Guide To Covering Sports’
In the new Second Edition, readers also explore sports reporting across multimedia platforms, developing a foundational understanding for social media, mobile media, visual storytelling, writing for TV and radio, and applying sabermetrics. Fully revised with new examples and updated information to give readers confidence in covering just about any game, match, meet, race, regatta or tournament, Field Guide to Covering Sports, Second Edition is the ideal go-to resource to have on hand when mastering the beat.
Sports & Media Podcast
Top Posts & Pages
- Tips for covering track & field meets
- Tips for baseball, softball coverage
- Steps to writing an amazing news story
- Using team nicknames correctly
- A primer on how to use databases to investigate Title IX compliance on your own campus
- About me
- Oregon's Willie Taggart apparently ends his boycott of Oregonian. Lesson: Don't give in to bullying by coaches
- Sports journalism conference returns
- LISTEN: Should sports journalists like Jemele Hill offer their political views, such as calling President Trump a 'white supremacist'
- Test students for sports terms, style
Order ‘Monster Trek: The Obsessive Search for Bigfoot’
- Joe Gisondi brings to life the celebrities in bigfoot culture: people such as Matt Moneymaker, Jeff Meldrum, and Cliff Barackman, who explore remote wooded areas of the country for weeks at a time and spend thousands of dollars on infrared imagers, cameras, and high-end camping equipment. Pursuing the answer to why these seekers of bigfoot do what they do, Gisondi brings to the reader their most interesting—and in many cases, harrowing—expeditions.
CMI College Sports Media Conference
- College athletics access College Media college sports media Covering Games General Interviewing Multimedia News Sports Analytics Sports Features Sports Language Sports Media 101 Sports Media Education Sports Media Ethics Sports Media Podcast Sportswriting Sportswriting: Leads Teaching sports journalism Training & Education Uncategorized
- 20,944 hits
Category Archives: Sports Media Education
College sports media students, advisers and faculty can spend two days at CMI’s Fourth Annual Training Camp and learn from the nation’s premier sports media professionals how to better inform and entertain your followers, no matter the media platform. This … Continue reading
Students and advisers representing 59 colleges and universities from Alaska to New York gathered in Nashville last year for an immersive two-day sports media experience they will never forget. This year’s event is bigger and better and will sell out … Continue reading
College students and faculty will have the opportunity to spend two days with the nation’s premier sports media professionals during the second College Media Sports Reporting Training Camp scheduled Feb. 6-7 in Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena, home to the NHL Predators. Last year, the conference … Continue reading