Order NEW 2nd edition of ‘Field Guide To Covering Sports’
In the new Second Edition, readers also explore sports reporting across multimedia platforms, developing a foundational understanding for social media, mobile media, visual storytelling, writing for TV and radio, and applying sabermetrics. Fully revised with new examples and updated information to give readers confidence in covering just about any game, match, meet, race, regatta or tournament, Field Guide to Covering Sports, Second Edition is the ideal go-to resource to have on hand when mastering the beat.
Sports & Media Podcast
CMI College Sports Media Conference
Click on the image above to register and to learn more about the workshop.
Order ‘Monster Trek: The Obsessive Search for Bigfoot’
- Joe Gisondi brings to life the celebrities in bigfoot culture: people such as Matt Moneymaker, Jeff Meldrum, and Cliff Barackman, who explore remote wooded areas of the country for weeks at a time and spend thousands of dollars on infrared imagers, cameras, and high-end camping equipment. Pursuing the answer to why these seekers of bigfoot do what they do, Gisondi brings to the reader their most interesting—and in many cases, harrowing—expeditions.
Top Posts & Pages
- AP sports style quizzes should test more than usage
- Correcting mistakes made by inexperienced sports writing students
- Tips for covering track & field meets
- AP sports style exercises
- A few more suggestions on writing about sports more precisely, accurately
- Not so obvious to journalism students? To earn the best sports media jobs, one needs to work hard for a long time.
- Invigorate your campus sports section
- SIDs are not the enemy of sports journalists
- Tips for planning college sports coverage
- We're set for the 4th annual national college sports journalism workshop
- College Media college sports media Covering Games General Interviewing Multimedia News Sports Analytics Sports Columns Sports Features Sports Language Sports Media 101 Sports Media Education Sports Media Ethics Sports Media Podcast Sportswriting Sportswriting: Leads Teaching sports journalism Training & Education Uncategorized
- 30,563 hits
Tag Archives: President Trump
LISTEN: Should sports journalists like Jemele Hill offer their political views, such as calling President Trump a ‘white supremacist’
Did ESPN’s Jemele Hill have the right to call President Donald Trump a white supremacist on her personal Twitter account? Do sports journalists need to check their personal opinions on social media? Check out this week’s podcast. -30- Advertisements