Order NEW 2nd edition of ‘Field Guide To Covering Sports’
In the new Second Edition, readers also explore sports reporting across multimedia platforms, developing a foundational understanding for social media, mobile media, visual storytelling, writing for TV and radio, and applying sabermetrics. Fully revised with new examples and updated information to give readers confidence in covering just about any game, match, meet, race, regatta or tournament, Field Guide to Covering Sports, Second Edition is the ideal go-to resource to have on hand when mastering the beat.
Sports & Media Podcast
CMI College Sports Media Conference
Click on the image above to register and to learn more about the workshop.
Order ‘Monster Trek: The Obsessive Search for Bigfoot’
- Joe Gisondi brings to life the celebrities in bigfoot culture: people such as Matt Moneymaker, Jeff Meldrum, and Cliff Barackman, who explore remote wooded areas of the country for weeks at a time and spend thousands of dollars on infrared imagers, cameras, and high-end camping equipment. Pursuing the answer to why these seekers of bigfoot do what they do, Gisondi brings to the reader their most interesting—and in many cases, harrowing—expeditions.
Top Posts & Pages
- Tips for covering track & field meets
- Start planning for 2018 sports media conference for college students
- Advice from veteran sports writer Tommy Deas
- Here's my sports journalism syllabus for the spring semester
- Pitfalls to avoid when writing sports leads
- Tweet like a journalist from live sports events
- Breaking down game elements to create a compelling recap
- Sports leads should offer context, introduce storylines
- Register now for this amazing sports journalism workshop
- College athletics access College Media college sports media Covering Games General Interviewing Multimedia News Sports Analytics Sports Features Sports Language Sports Media 101 Sports Media Education Sports Media Ethics Sports Media Podcast Sportswriting Sportswriting: Leads Teaching sports journalism Training & Education Uncategorized
- 24,725 hits
Tag Archives: Dan Dakich
On this week’s podcast, Jeff Owens and I address two potential ethical problems related to sports media at Michigan State and and the L.A. Lakers , as well as: unfair media takes on UConn women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma’s teams … Continue reading