Order NEW 2nd edition of ‘Field Guide To Covering Sports’
In the new Second Edition, readers also explore sports reporting across multimedia platforms, developing a foundational understanding for social media, mobile media, visual storytelling, writing for TV and radio, and applying sabermetrics. Fully revised with new examples and updated information to give readers confidence in covering just about any game, match, meet, race, regatta or tournament, Field Guide to Covering Sports, Second Edition is the ideal go-to resource to have on hand when mastering the beat.
Sports & Media Podcast
CMI College Sports Media Conference
Click on the image above to register and to learn more about the workshop.
Order ‘Monster Trek: The Obsessive Search for Bigfoot’
- Joe Gisondi brings to life the celebrities in bigfoot culture: people such as Matt Moneymaker, Jeff Meldrum, and Cliff Barackman, who explore remote wooded areas of the country for weeks at a time and spend thousands of dollars on infrared imagers, cameras, and high-end camping equipment. Pursuing the answer to why these seekers of bigfoot do what they do, Gisondi brings to the reader their most interesting—and in many cases, harrowing—expeditions.
Top Posts & Pages
- AP sports style exercises
- A primer on how to use databases to investigate Title IX compliance on your own campus
- Tips for baseball, softball coverage
- About me
- Advice from veteran sports writer Tommy Deas
- Tips for covering track & field meets
- Register now for this amazing sports journalism workshop
- Test students for sports terms, style
- AP sports style quizzes should test more than usage
- Rubrics help teachers, students focus on key elements of journalism
- College athletics access College Media college sports media Covering Games General Interviewing Multimedia News Sports Analytics Sports Features Sports Language Sports Media 101 Sports Media Education Sports Media Ethics Sports Media Podcast Sportswriting Sportswriting: Leads Teaching sports journalism Training & Education Uncategorized
- 23,672 hits
Tag Archives: Outsports
On this week’s sports media podcast, we talk with Erik Hall, who was recently named LGBTQ Journalist of the Year by thew association of NLGJA by the national association of LGBTQ journalists. Hall, who writes for Outsports, is the reporter who … Continue reading
When will business leaders, athletic directors, team owners and politicians realize–you can’t suppress negative coverage; you can only, perhaps, delay it. Most everything eventually becomes public. Just look to the White House (or Baylor University), where stories emerge daily from … Continue reading