Are sports journalists more ideological in their coverage today? In particular, are they more liberal? This topic has been addressed several times during the past month. We weigh in this week on this, as well as on whether a sports announcer for the Sacramento Kings should have been suspended for calling team vice president Vlade Divac an idiot for trading DeMarcus Cousins, the differences between beat reporters and radio sport-talk hosts, and worldwide coverage on a backup goalie for a low-tier English soccer goalie eating a meat pie during a game, much more. Plus, we discuss our fave show: “The Walking Dead.”
Order NEW 2nd edition of ‘Field Guide To Covering Sports’
In the new Second Edition, readers also explore sports reporting across multimedia platforms, developing a foundational understanding for social media, mobile media, visual storytelling, writing for TV and radio, and applying sabermetrics. Fully revised with new examples and updated information to give readers confidence in covering just about any game, match, meet, race, regatta or tournament, Field Guide to Covering Sports, Second Edition is the ideal go-to resource to have on hand when mastering the beat.
Sports & Media Podcast
CMI College Sports Media Conference
Click on the image above to register and to learn more about the workshop.
Order ‘Monster Trek: The Obsessive Search for Bigfoot’
- Joe Gisondi brings to life the celebrities in bigfoot culture: people such as Matt Moneymaker, Jeff Meldrum, and Cliff Barackman, who explore remote wooded areas of the country for weeks at a time and spend thousands of dollars on infrared imagers, cameras, and high-end camping equipment. Pursuing the answer to why these seekers of bigfoot do what they do, Gisondi brings to the reader their most interesting—and in many cases, harrowing—expeditions.
Top Posts & Pages
- AP sports style exercises
- Start planning for 2018 sports media conference for college students
- AP sports style quizzes should test more than usage
- Rubrics help teachers, students focus on key elements of journalism
- Test students for sports terms, style
- College football programs try to control message, but they have only themselves to blame – not the media – for game performances
- About me
- What questions do sports journalism students want answered?
- Register now for this amazing sports journalism workshop
- College athletics access College Media college sports media Covering Games General Interviewing Multimedia News Sports Analytics Sports Features Sports Language Sports Media 101 Sports Media Education Sports Media Ethics Sports Media Podcast Sportswriting Sportswriting: Leads Teaching sports journalism Training & Education Uncategorized
- 23,623 hits